The in-laws are here, the rest of the family arrives later today, and for now, the children are sleeping. Things are looking good, except for the weather. I was desperate to take the kiddos to see Santa, which we still might do, but we’ll bring an umbrella. I had plans to walk around town, soak up the seasonal decor, and partake in a local libation. But with a downpour it might be challenging to do with our strollers and toddlers in tow.
But because I love snow and I might get that white Christmas, I’ll deal with the rain today. That means I have 22 people to entertain. Let the games begin.
If you’re like me and looking for a way to entertain large groups of various ages then allow me to produce a quick holiday game guide. Like any good blogger, I went to the internet to find some fun. Ready, set, play.
- Saran Wrap Ball Game-I am so excited about this game! I bought candy, small toys, and some seasonal flare to make this game fun for the kiddos.
- Pinata- I went to Party City, bought a Christmas tree pinata, a bunch of bulk candy, and threw some money in there for good measure. Here’s hoping each kid gets a few hits in before the epic explosion.
- Gingerbread House Decorating-I went to the drugstore and found kits on sale. Each kid can decorate at their leisure and we’ll have a contest judged by the grandmas.
- Charades-If you’re looking for some good old fashioned fun then you’ll find it with this game. I’m excited to see this unfold with our multi generational guest list.
- Pie Face Showdown-I bought this in anticipation of much needed silliness.
Stay dry, warm, and positive, people! Most importantly, enjoy the family time.